Thursday, July 6, 2017

Welcome to Winter FUNderland

Since this is a travel blog, I think it's necessary for me to share a post about what felt like the longest vacation of my life. From late December to early January, my friends Brenda, Roman, Flex (yes that's his nickname) and I traveled to London for 10 days. If there's anything I learned from this trip it's that if you ever decide to go to Europe for over 5 days, make sure you travel around multiple cities and don't stay in one place. Also, make sure you go with a group of people because tourism is tiring and sometimes becomes too much for some people. Anyways, London is an amazing city, the only problem is there really isn't much to do. We hit every attraction from Buckingham Palace to Big Ben, but since we were there in the winter, we were able to hit our favorite attraction of all: The Hyde Park Winter Wonderland. Below is a picture of the Wonderland itself!


I'm ashamed to admit that despite all of the historical attractions in London, this was probably the most amazing experience I had. Something about being in London during the holidays made me feel warm in the freezing winter winds. If you couldn't tell from my previous post about Disney World, I really love rides and happy atmospheres such as amusement parks. Going on the ferris wheel and seeing the whole city with my friends was incredible. We had so much fun going on roller coasters, bumper cars, playing games, and winning souvenirs. We had some carnival food such as cotton candy and we tried new things like "mulled wine," which is wine served at the temperature of a hot coffee. We even went ice skating and it was so beautiful. Check it out!


I was in a new city and while I probably should've felt lost, especially in the winter fog, I felt so comfortable in this winter wonderland. London had so many cool attractions, but being in the Hyde Park Winter Wonderland was by far the highlight of my trip. If you ever find yourself in London during the holidays, definitely check it out! 

No comments:

Post a Comment