Tuesday, June 20, 2017

I Took a Pill in Ibiza… NOT!


Last August, my friend Brenda and I embarked on a rather unorthodox trip for two very young girls. Fascinated with the glamorous hype that is Ibiza, we decided to visit the renowned party city for a little fun in the sun. My family and friends were rather skeptical of this decision to use our hard earned money on a trip to this foreign island, but we convinced them that it was worth it and would be an experience of a lifetime. Since we were going to be flying several hours and taking up to 3 planes considering there are no direct flights to Ibiza (unless you take a private jet), we decided to stay for one whole week so we could truly experience everything. If you’re ever contemplating visiting Ibiza, I highly recommend it. Contrary to popular belief, Ibiza is not just a city consisting of wealthy individuals swallowing pills all the time. Ibiza is beautiful and the culture is magnificent.
It is by far one of the most laid back places I have ever visited. The people were all extremely friendly and there was just so much to do throughout the days. Whether it be concerts and raves or theatrical shows and water sports, there is only one word to describe Ibiza: fun. Of course, I’d be ignorant to believe that some of the visitors on the island were not consuming illegal substances, but the great part is, you don’t have to involve yourself with those individuals if you don’t want to. Brenda and I made plenty of friends and talked to so many cool and interesting people who were also sober like ourselves. While it may seem like the island is pretentiously filled with Birkin-carrying housewives and intoxicated frat boys, Ibiza is actually a very chill environment. There are street markets where you can find handmade apparel and jewelry or even get your hair braided and look like an island resident. While there’s plenty of designer stores and expensive restaurants, there’s also
authentic Spanish cuisine all over the island with the best paella and the nicest servers. Everybody in Ibiza made me feel extremely comfortable in the foreign atmosphere. Of course, we had to experience one of the raves at the glorious Ushuäia Hotel. Martin Garrix’s show Multiply is one of the most amazing concerts I’ve ever attended. Looking around, I didn’t feel like I was surrounded by a bunch of high strangers, it was more like a bunch of people having a good time enjoying music. It might be shocking to hear, but I didn’t see any drugs or scarily intoxicated individuals throughout my whole week in Ibiza. When people say that Ibiza is a party island, they’re right in a way, but it’s so much more than that. It’s an island with amazing culture, beautiful beaches, good food, music and fun times overall. When asked if I recommend Ibiza as a vacation spot, I’d give it a 10 out 10; highly recommended. It’s definitely an experience worth every penny and if you do go, don't listen to Mike Posner in his hit single "I Took a Pill in Ibiza". Be like me and don't take any pills. This is a trip you want to remember, trust me!


No comments:

Post a Comment